This report is a followup on this thread.
- Goto Vault Settings, under Files & Links, “Default Location for New Notes” must be set to “Same folder as the current file”
- Create a new folder, and create a new Canvas under that folder.
- Next, add a Card.
- Inside the card add a non-existing link to a note
- Click on the link above and notice the File “Test Note” that got created. Notice it’s location.
- Ideally that new “Test Note.md” file should be created inside the folder, alongside the Canvas.
- New file is created in the root of the vault
- This makes it harder to navigate, drag and drop etc, when your vault has many folders/levels; trying to get the new file into its correct location with the links updated correctly etc. When you’re working top-down on a note, this feature working correctly is essential to the success of the final outcome.
SYSTEM INFO: Obsidian version: v1.4.5 Installer version: v1.3.7 Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.6.0: Wed Jul 5 22:22:05 PDT 2023; root:xnu-8796.141.3~6/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 22.6.0 Login status: not logged in Insider build toggle: off Live preview: on Legacy editor: off Base theme: dark Community theme: none Snippets enabled: 0 Restricted mode: off Plugins installed: 1 Plugins enabled: 1 1: Excalidraw v1.9.19 RECOMMENDATIONS: Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.
- Canvas having a Card
- A link to a non-existing note
- Clicking on the link actually creates the file at the root of the vault
- Notice that the Canvas is actually inside a folder called “test”
As mentioned above, this new note should have been created next to the Canvas.