Can't remember how to format interface

My computer crashed and took 2-1/2 months to be fixed, so I’m setting everything back up (Obsidian is the easiest thing to reinstall – thank you!) but it’s been so long I’ve lost some of my sense of familiarity. There are a couple quirks about the interface that seem different, and are annoying me, and I think they should both be settings, but I can’t figure out where to find them.

1. When I open the links pane, I would have sworn it used to show up on the right, but now it’s showing up on the bottom.

2. Every time I create a new note it makes a new tab for it. If I’m making a lot of new notes, that means I’m constantly closing tabs. Isn’t there a way to tell it to use the current pane for the new note?

Thanks for bearing with this bonehead who seems to have forgotten everything I knew.

1 Like
  1. You can move the pane anywhere you want. Just drag it to the position you want it to be in.

2. There’s been lots of changes since you last used Obsidian. Opening a newly created note in an open tab is not possible as far as i know. You could use Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+N to open the new tab in a new “Tab Group”. There are lots of new Hotkeys that you can look into. The Close all other Tabs Hotkey could be of interest for your workflow.

By the way, there is another mode for tab usage. It’s called Stacked Tabs you can toggle between that and normal tabs by clicking on the arrow pointing downward in the top right corner.

2 Likes

You can find the release notes here, and it might be worth reading some of them. Announcements - Obsidian Forum

Version 1.0.0 had a lot of big changes, so don’t blame your memory! Sorry to hear your computer took so long to repair.

1 Like

Got it! Thank you. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.