Cannot enable sample theme

What I’m trying to do

Hi, I’m trying to build my own theme for obsidian using the Guide but I cannot enable the sample theme, or any other theme not installed from the theme browser. Any theme placed into the .obsidian/themes folder manually is not visible in the theme selection dropdown.
I’ve included some screenshots below (on macOS but I tried and could not make it work on windows either)

Things I have tried

I’ve tried several things:

• Clone the sample-theme repository into the themes folder → The theme is not selectable
  • Install the Minimal theme directly from the obsidian theme browser → The theme is selectable
  • Duplicate the Minimal theme folder, rename it to test and change the theme name from manifest.json to test → The test theme is not selectable.

Am I missing something here or is the theme selection button broken ?
I’m using Obsidian v1.4.16

The theme folder and name written in the manifest.json need to be exactly the same.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 18.38.22

The contents of manifest.json:

{
	"name": "November-Moon",
	"version": "1.0.0",
	"minAppVersion": "1.0.0",
	"author": "Obsidian",
	"authorUrl": "https://obsidian.md"
}

The theme list within Obsidian’s settings (after adding the theme folder and a restart):

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 18.37.12

It works, thank you so much !
I guess naming the cloning destination folder “Sample Theme” was not a suggestion.
I’ll be more careful next time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.