Can you help me with this error

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to open my Obsidian vault but when I click on Obsidian I get a message saying:
An error occurred while loading Obisidan. TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘parent’)
There is a purple line under the message going from left to right. It just says on this page.

Things I have tried

I’v looked in other help documents, but can’t find what I’m looking for.
I have looked in my actual vault (folder) of .md files to see if I have a file called ‘null.md’ as I thought I could just delete that file. There is nothing called simply ‘null.md’ but there is one called ‘null hypothesis.md’ and another called ‘null hypothesis significance testing (NHST).md’.

A few questions that may help in troubleshooting:

• Where do you keep the vault where you are seeing the issue? e.g. on Windows: C:Users/USERNAME/Documents/VAULTNAME.

• Do you use any sync service? Obsidian Sync, OneDrive, etc.?

One thing to try right away with Obsidian closed is renaming the VAULTNAME/.obsidian folder and re-opening the vault. This folder contains the settings, themes, and plugins for that vault. Your notes will be unaffected and a new .obsidian folder will be created when you open the vault.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.