Can you have an infinite canvas like onenote, where you can use the tablet to draw pictures and write on the canvas?

Can you have an infinite canvas like onenote, where you can use the tablet to draw pictures and write on the canvas?

14 Likes

this would immediately destroy the remaining reason why I keep onenote around.

2 Likes

This would be great idea to have canvas functionality to draw in obsidian or able to use pen to draw things

1 Like

Hey, have you tried the Excalidraw plugin? This is an infinite canvas and believe you can use pen to draw on it.

2 Likes

Excalidraw has not worked well for me on my 2018 iPad Pro using my Apple Pencil. The first few strokes are picked up, but it soon gets to the point where only every other stroke is detected, unless I draw/write at a snail’s pace.

I have mentioned this to the creator of the plugin, but it sounds like it’s more with the base code and not the plugin, so there may not be much that can be done for now. I’m curious if others have had the same experience on an iPad, or if it’s just me.

1 Like

Very much needed

Onenote-like canvas with bi-directional links is a game changer

I really hope they work on it

1 Like

Excalidraw issues with Apple Pencil have been fixed in a recent release. I’m very happy with the performance on my ipad pro

4 Likes

Might want to add your thoughts to this thread: Visual/Spatial Note Taking - Whiteboard - Mind Map - Concept Map - #30 by steveylang