Can we use templater to Map new notes automatically?

Inside each Folder, I have created a file called “map.md” which acts as an index file for all the files inside that particular Folder.

Can I use Templater to automatically “paste the links” to the files that I would create inside that Folder automatically? I am doing it manually now :disappointed_relieved:

I mean something like, Each time I click the map.md note inside that folder, it scans for new files inside that particular folder, then adds those links to map.md ?:bulb:

Thank you

Don’t know about Templater, but as an alternative solution (if needed) dataview queries can do this:

List

```dataview
LIST from "books" 
SORT file.name ASC
```

Table

```dataview
TABLE BookAuthor AS Author
FROM "books"
SORT BookAuthor ASC, BookTitle ASC
```

Angel

You can try the Zoottelkeeper plugin. It creates an index file of each folder and allows you to set the name of the file.

The following creates an index for any folder that the index note is in without having to localize the query to the folder’s name:

```dataview
LIST
WHERE contains(file.folder, this.file.folder)
SORT file.name ASC
WHERE file.name != this.file.name
```

The line…

WHERE file.name != this.file.name

…removes the self-referencing title of the index file from the index that is produced. Can be removed, of course.

Credit to this post.

Angel

1 Like

Thank you. This Works but returns Zero Output if there is an emoji in the filename.

Welcome.

Emoji in file names and YAML can cause issues, possibly related to OS platforms, emoji pickers, etc. The developer has a number of open issues relating to emoji. See: dataview on GitHub.

Angel

Thanks. Yes, but strangely, it started working now :man_shrugging:.

Magic.

Joy.

Angel

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.