Can we transclude email contents into a note?

Things I have tried

I’ve searched within the forum here for an answer but I can’t seem to find anything.

What I’m trying to do

I have a few projects and ther items I am working on where I have emails in Apple Mail that contain useful infrormation I want to see in my note. I use Apple Mail and my mail is all POP mail and entirely held on my computer.

I can drag an email into a note and get a link that I can then click on. The mail contents stay in the mail system. If I move the mail out of the folder where it is into some other folder the link still works which is great. This is ok for most of my use cases but not all of them.

I have a few select cases where I’d really like to be able to include the contents of the email inline, i.e. transclude it, in my notes by using some special sort of linking. The tranclusion does not have to be editable and in fact it’s probably better if I can’t edit it I just want to see the message body and basic headers inline with my other notes and comments.

I’m ok with it not working if I look at that document in the Mobile app since my mobile devices will not have access to the mail system where all my mail resides.

Is this even possible?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.