Can I save shortcuts to launch the specific vault?

Sometime I need fast to open the specific vault, but it is not the one, which was opened the last time. Can I save shortcuts to launch the specific vault?

1 Like

Hi!

I do not know on which OS you are using Obsidian, but in case you are using Windows, I think I have a solution.
On the desktop, you could copy the Obsidian shortcut, open the propertioes of the shortcut by right click and change the path in the “execute in” to the path of the desired fault. In my case, I have stored all vaults on Dropbox so the path is something like C:\Users\Dropbox\Obsidian\Vault1. You just need to end the path with the name of the vault/folder you want to open, rename the shortcut to a more speaking name and here you go :slight_smile:

I need to find out how to do that on a Mac as I am currently in transition from Windows to Mac.

Best regards from Vienna!
Peter

1 Like

if your OS is mac ,you can use alfred

the github is Releases · hauselin/obsidian-alfred · GitHub

2 Likes

thank you! that is what I need!

I just checked, it doesnt work( http://joxi.ru/xAeNny4uR4kOlr . Maybe I missed smth?

Hello Apris!

As I cannot see the full path on your screenshot to the pt. directory, I am not sure if you have kept in mind, that the folder, you want to open with a shortcut, should be in the Folder named Obsidian:

(Btw, Joxi is a nice tool. Just discovered :-))

Regards,
Peter

PS: BTW, now it stops working for me to. I have the correct path but it does not open the correct vault but the last one that was open … hmmmmm …

1 Like

Do you mean the “Obsidian” folder (with this strict name) must be in general path to the Vault? Or you mean this subfolder of the particular vault: image ?

Hey!

In my case, it was a path like: C:\users\myuser\dropbox\obsidian\vault1.

I have re-arranged all of my content in my Obsidian configuration to be placed in one single vault. So now I hve two vaults: Master and Inbox. In Master I store everything that I want to keep, quick notes are stored in *Inbox where I decide if I want to keep them or if they can be deleted.

I follow the rules of K.I.S.S Keep It Stupid Simple.

Bythe way: I am not sure now if this thing with the direct link to the desired vaults really worked. It might be that I was sure it works but it was only a coinicidence - different vaults and different Obsidian installations (Mabook and Win10 desktop) - could be I just messed it up :slight_smile:

Regards,
Peter

now it stops working for me to. I have the correct path but it does not open the correct vault but the last one that was open

I am having this issue too. Do you know how to fix it?

In Windows SO, clic right button on an obsidian shorcut, then properties.
Then in Destination Box type a space at the end of line and paste:
‘obsidian://open?vault=my%20vault’
Replace my%20vault with your valut name, apply.

There are more options to use, here:
https://help.obsidian.md/Advanced+topics/Using+obsidian+URI#Action+open

I hope help you
Cheers

1 Like

There’s a new plugin made by @rusablue that allows to add URIs into the command palette and thus, open by hotkey: GitHub - kzhovn/uri-commands-obsidian: Execute URIs from the command palette