[Bug] Upon First Sync to Mobile a Single PDF was Deleted

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.19

The first sync to Mobile went great. Though I noticed upon reviewing the changes in the Git Repo of my desktop client that a single PDF was deleted :thinking: I have undeleted it, and it has synced fine now. Still strange that it should occur in the first place.

Happy to provide any info needed that could help :+1: thanks for the great app.

Just checked the sync logs on desktop, and I can see the deletion definitely came from the mobile app.

2021-05-29 10:34 - Uploading file media/RMGComplaintsForm.pdf
2021-05-29 10:34 - Upload complete media/RMGComplaintsForm.pdf
2021-05-29 10:34 - Server pushed [Depth] media/RMGComplaintsForm.pdf

2021-05-29 10:39 - Server pushed (deleted) [Jordan’s iPhone] media/RMGComplaintsForm.pdf
2021-05-29 10:39 - Deleting media/RMGComplaintsForm.pdf
2021-05-29 10:39 - Accepted media/RMGComplaintsForm.pdf

I did open a bunch of files on mobile to have a look, but I am certain I did not purposefully delete something. So this could be an issue of UI, that something accidental occurred instead of a sync issue itself.

Hmm I’m assuming you turned on syncing PDF in both devices, right? Did you happen to place your iPhone’s vault in iCloud, or locally?

I think this is probably too late (since the app was probably already restarted), but could you check the sync log on your phone as well and see if there’s any more info there.

No sorry, the phone logs do not seem to have more detail, they start just after this incident (I believe I restarted the app to try and debug this). And no I do not store my Vault in iCloud, it is local.

As best I remember: I had sync to pdf enabled on my desktop already before installing the phone app. Upon installing the phone app I signed in and enabled sync, then browsed around. Then I saw I was still waiting for some files, and remembered I had to enable all file types, so I opened the sync add-on settings and enabled all the optional file types, at which point my images and pdfs and whatnot showed up. I cannot say at which point this specific pdf was deleted.