[Bug] Unexpected behavior of arrow keys and keyboard shortcuts with arrow keys in split window
[x] iOS (iPadOS 15.2.1)
[ ] Android
Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.5
Hi! I love Obsidian, it has changed my life, thank you to the developers and community. Now, I’ve switched to an iPad as my main device and I’m encountering the following issues, which can make writing very cumbersome:
- The “CMD - <-” keyboard shortcut should jump the cursor to the beginning of the current line
- When on an empty line in the document, the Up Arrow key should move the cursor up one line
Observed behaviour: In the right window when two documents are split and I’ve scrolled down so the document title is out of view,
- The “CMD - <-” keyboard jumps to the beginning of the document instead of the beginning of the line
- The Up Arrow key jumps to the beginning of the document, instead of moving the cursor up one line
This does not seem to happen in the left window when having two documents open in split view, nor when I have just one document open without splitting the window. The shortcut and arrow keys also work as expected in short notes that don’t go beyond the visible window, or in long notes when scrolled all the way to the top. And I am not encountering these issues on my Mac.
Steps to replicate:
- Split a window vertically
- Open a long document in the right window (it doesn’t matter if it’s different documents or the same in both windows)
- Scroll down a bit, so that the top of the document is out of view
- In Edit mode, try to jump to the beginning of the line with the CMD-<- shortcut
- Scroll down again to move the top of the document out of view
- In Edit mode, place the cursor on an empty line, then try to move it up one line with the Up Arrow key.
- I am using my iPad with either a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard or a Logitech keyboard case using the Smart Connector; the problem happens in both cases.