[BUG] Unable to paste text on iOS

Already tried three pinching gesture.
it works.

Now just try geting used to it.
Nice.Thx.

Though,still hope bug could be fixed.

1 Like

iPhone12pro, iOS 15.0.1, Obsidian 1.0.4

I ran into this today and thought I was going mad.

Copied a URL from Safari. Opened a note in Obsidian. Long press where I want to insert the URL and the “Select/Select All/Paste/…” bar didn’t show up.
Double tap. Nothing.
Double tap again. Nothing.
Double tap again and ~2.5 lines of text above when I am and want to paste is hi-lighted.

What is even going on here? Never seen this before on iOS. Will make a video next time.

@ryanjamurphy Thanks for the three finger pinch and tap tips. Didn’t know (or forgot) about them.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I still encounter this bug occasionally still. I’ll try the pinching trick, but my work-around has been to add a word onto an existing line, and the tap to paste and the text I paste overwrites the word I just added. A bit of a pain!

5 Likes

I’m able to consistently reproduce this by trying to paste into an empty row of a numbered list. The use case is trying to cut a bullet and move it elsewhere. After copying, when putting my cursor on the empty list row, the iOS copy paste menu fails to render. The three finger tap is a temporary work around.

Still happens on 1.0.5. Incredibly frustrating.

2 Likes

Didn’t know about those! Gestures - User Interaction - iOS - Human Interface Guidelines - Apple Developer

1 Like

This is happening here almost always now. I noticed it started frequently when I installed Calendar from community plugins and Templates from core. It was intermittent before.
Pinch gestures aren’t a great workaround because I often use Obsidian in slide-over mode and three fingers barely fit on the UI.

1 Like

Interim Solution:
You can go to Settings \ Mobile, and add a paste button to your mobile toolbar.

+1….nice ‘work around’!

Paste via the iOS text formatting bar thing seems to be working lately. Is anyone here still having trouble? Otherwise we’ll close this report.

I started to say that it’s inconsistent for me on 1.05, but I’ll need to pay attention for a bit to see if that paste button is always working now. The main problem I have is that the bar thing doesn’t always appear when it’s supposed to (and sometimes it appears slowly).

Also, the “select all” item doesn’t always work.

I think the paste button is always working for me when it appears, but it definitely doesn’t always appear. It often (but not always) appears when cutting and pasting within a note. It often doesn’t appear when cutting from one note and pasting into another (or pasting from outside of Obsidian).

New user here. I’m experiencing the same problem. Very frustrating. iOS 15, iPhone 11.

Please describe what you’re seeing. I have not been able to reproduce any paste issues for quite a while.

Might be fixed for me in 1.1.0. I’m keeping a hopeful eye out. It’s at least improved — I’m using the 3-finger workaround much less.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, 1.1.0 fixed this for me. Once in a while the menu will fail to appear on the first try, but not often, and so far it’s always appeared if I try again once or twice. What a relief!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.