[Bug] Text deletion

Platform

[X ] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.xx

0.0.17 (4)

When writing a section of text underneath a #H1 head in a note, I move to the top of that section — immediately under the #H1 header – to add some text there. I start typing there, and all but the first three or four words disappears. This happens several times. I assume it’s a sync problem?

I’m using Obsidian sync (but plan to switch to iCloud ASAP because (1) I’m having trouble configuring Obsidian sync on a second iPad; I keep getting a “lost password” error and (2) I don’t see a reason to pay for a second sync method.)

Now that I think of it, this may have something to do with the fact that I’m storing my Obsidian vault in my Documents folder, which is of course part of iCloud, and it’s possibly syncing twice?

Thanks!

That might be possible since we’ve seen a few reports of issues with Sync + iCloud at the same time.

Storing databases in the cloud is problematic for DevonThink; it could be a problem for Obsidian as well.

I switched off Obsidian sync and I’m just using iCloud sync instead.

It seems to be working fine, though I haven’t given Obsidian mobile the heavy workout I gave it the day I encountered the problem.

Thanks!

1 Like