[Bug] Shared to Obsidian should have links appended to notes, not inserted at the top

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.2.3 (57)

If I share a screenshot to Obsidian, I get prompted to either “insert into ” or “Insert link into daily note”.

If I choose “Insert link into daily note”, it works as expected: a link is appended to the note at the bottom.

But if I choose “insert link into ”, a link is inserted where Obsidian thinks the cursor is. But the problem is that the cursor is often at the top of the note, e.g. soon after a daily note is created by the system. This means that a link is inserted at the top, messing up the frontmatter.

Instead, the link should always be appended to the note regardless of cursor position. Or maybe there should be a separate menu entry that says “append link to ” in addition to the above choices.

1 Like

will be fixed in Obsidian Mobile v1.4.5 or 1.4.6

1 Like

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.xx

Sharing content from iOS is really good now, especially since I switched to a new and faster iPad.
It gives you 3 options:

• insert text into [currently open note]
  • choose a file to insert
  • insert text into daily note

For the first option it inserts the text at the current cursor position, but you can’t really see where the cursor currently is. That would be helpful.
For the third option it appends it to the end which is great. Maybe change it to “append text to daily note” to make it more clear. It would also be great to automatically scroll down the page and show the content to verify it got added. Because the “cancel” button is right below the “insert to daily note” and it gets fat fingered sometimes :wink:

There is sometimes an issue when the obsidian app has to start/restart (loading workspace, etc) and it will not bring up the insert dialog. But I haven’t been able to find a pattern.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.