[Bug] Quick switcher missing “selected item” highlight when using external keyboard

Platform

[x] iOS
[?] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.19

Steps to reproduce

1. Connect an external keyboard to your iPad.
  2. Open the quick switcher (CMD + O)
  3. Use arrow keys to navigate up and down the list.

Expected result

When you use the arrow keys to navigate up and down the quick switcher list, the currently selected item should get a visual highlight.

Actual result

The currently selected item is not highlighted.

It is possible to navigate up and down though—you just have to mentally keep count of where you are.

I guess this is just an oversight: the highlight isn’t needed for people who are using the touch screen to select a list item.

Additional information

I see this with the default theme enabled and no custom CSS. I also see it with the “Red Graphite” theme enabled.

This may be a duplicate of [Feature] Keyboard navigation in palettes, but I’m not totally sure what the OP has in mind there.

OP for the other post here, yes these two appear to be related.

The default theme (“None”) doesn’t highlight the selected rows when opening the command or file palettes, but you can actually navigate.

I switched to California Coast and that one does highlight the selected rows so you actually know what you’re selecting.

I think we can merge these two. I initially thought you couldn’t navigate with the keyboard in the command palette because I was use the default theme.

This is fixed in version 0.1.0.

Thanks team!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.