Bug? Other feedback

Please add [Bug] or [Feature] to your post title, then delete this line.

Platform

[ ] iOS
[ X] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.4.1

1. I cannot find the settings button. The app only has about 20 things you can do on it and I’ve been looking for about a half an hour. There is no clue as to where it is.

2. A lot of options appear when you are in a document with options to do things that have nothing to do with the document you’re in. Such as create a unique note or insert a template. Why are they here? Add a template. Where? To what? The menu bar that shows these and other unrelated features is only visible when you are in view and not edit mode - Which in a way makes them even more unrelated.

All of these commands belong on the screen which shows all of your files. They do not belong as options within a document and only available on view mode of that document. It makes not the slightest bit of sense.

1. I see no way to delete a document.

2. You have to click on the document thread to get back to your files.

I am using this app for some weeks now and visually it looks good. But it is spectacularly unintuitive.

This, by any chance?

Nope. On the screen that shows my folders and files the only icon is the folder icon.

When I’m in a document, the top left shows only the beginning of the name of the document.

1 Like

Perhaps I’m using a theme that is unapproved…?

But as I can’t find the settings, I have no way of knowing!

1 Like

I was clutching at straws: I don’t have an Android device but had seen the other thread and hoped it would help.

On iOS, we see the name of the vault above where the word ‘files’ is in your screenshot, and next to that there is a cog-like icon that leads to settings.

Alternatively, we can swipe down from the top of the Obsidian window to open the command palette. From there it is possible to type ‘settings’ and then open the settings menu.

Does Android offer the same or a similar route?

Many thanks.

Not on mine. I will try de-installing and then reinstalling. I have a feeling I am using some unapproved theme.

1 Like

It seems you are not alone in facing this issue:

1 Like