[Bug] Missing formatting in Community Plugins search in Light Mode on tablet

Platform

iOS
Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.4.1

Use case or problem

In light mode on iPad (but not iPhone) the formatting of the Browse Community Plugins search field and “Change sort order” control makes them less obvious than they should be. (Screenshots: [Bug] Missing formatting in Community Plugins search in Light Mode on tablet - #6 by CawlinTeffid)

The control looks like plain text, not like an interactive element, and its almost-centered position makes it look like it’s the title of the window.

Proposed solution

Make the search field a box like Obsidian’s other search fields.

Format “Change sort order” in a box with drop-down arrow to match Obsidian’s other dropdowns.

Edits

• Noticed the problem only exists in light mode. Removed positioning suggestions because they’re not needed when the elements are formatted correctly.
  • Changed title from “[Feature] Improve formatting of Community Plugins search in Light Mode” to “[Bug] Missing formatting in Community Plugins search in Light Mode” because it seems clearer now that the light mode style isn’t intended.
  • 2023-09-20: Specified that it’s only on iPad, not iPhone.

This might be related to a theme you chose, or an old version. Have you updated to the latest version of Obsidian?

For comparison, mine looks like this using the default theme (dark color scheme). The search bar is in a reasonable place, and the sort order is a recognizable icon.

I’m using default theme on the latest version — but I’m also on mobile, and I see now that desktop doesn’t have the same problem. Thanks; moving thread to Mobile category.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is still an issue on my iPad (phone is fine).

is this still happening?

Yes, still happening in Obsidian 1.5.8 on iPadOS 17.3.1.