[Bug]Launch Speed on Android

Platform

Android A12

[ ] iOS
[x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.14.15.

Launch takes over 15 seconds, particularly the plugin load. It did not always do this.

1 Like

I’m running Android 12, Obsidian version: 0.14.15 my Obsidian startup time is about 4 seconds. I will tell you that I only run 5 plugins on android. Most of the ones I run on Linux don’t make a lot of sense to me on android.
Have you tried turning on “Debug startup time” to see which if any plugins may be causing the issue.

Hi @flphotog, yes that seemed to help to reduce plugins on mobile. Thanks!

I also drastically reduce plugins on iOS. It even helps to turn off core plugins, I find, and as mentioned above many of the plugins aren’t as useful on mobile anyway.

1 Like

TfT Hacker has written an amazing script to delay the loading of plugins on mobile which made a felt huge difference for me:

1 Like

Great idea to turn off core plugins, didn’t think about that.
Does it make a difference for you, and which ones did you turn off?
@TfTHacker Did you test this too?

“File recovery” was one that made a big difference, I think. And it’s not something I would ever use on mobile. I turned off everything I could, but left the things I consider “core” functionality. I currently only use these plugins on mobile:

• Command palette
  • File explorer
  • Backlinks
  • Daily Notes
  • Quick Switcher
  • Search
  • Templates

And for community plugins:

• Banners
  • Dataview
  • Tasks

On desktop I use MANY more, but on mobile I’ve tried to cut out everything that isn’t essential for my daily needs.

1 Like

That hack is very clever! I didn’t realize such a thing was possible. Great for the advanced user, although straight up disabling plugins is easier. I really only use Obsidian on mobile to capture new ideas and quickly reference old ones, all of the “real” work happens on desktop.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.