[Bug] iOS Scrolling Issue

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.19

I found a weird issue this morning with my iPhone. As I scroll down a bulleted list, it looked as if it was jumping positions within the document. Once I slowed down what I actually found, there was tighter spacing between lines and as I scrolled down, the space between lines was expanding, giving it the appearance of jumping position within the document as I scrolled.

1 Like

Sometimes I cant scroll in any direction on my note and part of the note is cut off. The dotted menu and edit/read options at the top, don’t show up if the file name/location is too long. Sometimes if I rotate my phone sideways (landscape), the missing menu options will show up and I’ll be able to scroll normally. When I rotate my phone back to portrait mode I’ll be able to scroll normally but the note is still cut off and the menu options disappear. If I shrink the font size to the smallest option, it’ll allow those menu options to come into view, depending on how long the file name is.
I haven’t figured out what causes the note to become un-scrollable or if these issues are tied together.
I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling with no change.

Steps to reproduce

1. Rename note or folder to a long name.
  2. Open note

Expected result

Actual result

1. Pushes read/edit and menu buttons off visible screen.
  2. Cuts off part of the note content.

Environment

• Operating system:
    IOS (iphone SE 2nd gen.)
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Operating system: ios 15.2 (Apple iPhone)
    Obsidian version: 1.4.0 (80)
    API version: v1.0.0
    Login status: not logged in
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

This looks related to my recent scrolling issue. Notably I think that the location length might be a key connector – this also appears on my phone when I have this issue.

1 Like