[ ] iOS
[ X] Android (11)
Device: Xiaomi Pad 5
Obsidian Mobile version: v1.2.0
The editor is having some issues when using GBoard handwriting keyboard. Regularly, if I backspace when on the handwriting keyboard mode, it’ll scroll up the view. Afterwards, anywhere I click text will dissapear, but only visually. If I change file, the text that dissapeared from clicking anywhere on the file is back. Backspace behaviour is working properly, just a visual bug that causes discomfort, as it seems it deletes text.
I attach the screen recording of the bug happening:
I have succesfully been able to replicate this on a newly created vault, after reinstalling the app.
Steps to reproduce, its a bit finnicky to get, as view needs to be aligned in a certain way, but I can reproduce it in 8 tries out of 10, after understanding how to do it with the steps below
- Create new fault and file
- Add enough content that it can scroll in the file
- scroll up so the line you are writing on gets hidden
- Do two/three enters
- handwrite something
- do backspaces.
- See that the editor view scrolls up too when a backspace happen
- Click anywhere on the screen and it will delete text (visually)
- Change/create another fike
- Go to that other file
- Go back, and see that text is back.
Its a really anoying bug, and is causing me quite some stress when handwriting notes.