[Bug][Feature] Eliminate horizontal scrolling in File explorer

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Please, eliminate horizontal scrolling in File explorer (here is a video of the issue).

Here are the possible options:

• introduce a preference to disable horizontal scrolling in File explorer
  • introduce an option to create short versions of the long notes names to fit in the available horizontal space, so scrolling is not needed
  • lock the scrolling to vertical and horizontal (not the diagonal one)

Your opinion?

7 Likes

I find that this problem is exceedingly annoying. I think scrolling should just be locked to either horizontal or vertical would be the best option.

1 Like

I’ve created a CSS snippet to work around this issue until it is fixed with a setting:

.nav-folder.mod-root {
  overflow-x: hidden;
}

.nav-file-title, .nav-folder-title {
  width: 100%;
  padding-right: 0;
}

.nav-file-title-content, .nav-folder-title-content {
  width: 100%;
  overflow-x: hidden;
  text-overflow: ellipsis;
}
2 Likes

Thanks, this works perfectly for me on Windows, and even fixes this problem in plugins that I use.

Having the exact opposite problem over here. With the latest version of Obsidian v1.0.0 there is no longer an horizontal scrollbar in the File Explorer Pane (i.e., allowing lateral movement). And I need it, I work with extremely nested files and folders.

I have tried to force it back through snippets but it was impossible, none of the Themes have neither the horizontal scrollbar. Does anyone know what happened to this and how to fix it? This was a really tedious change in UI.

PD. By the way, of course I have analyzed the problem in the Sandbox vault and exactly the same thing happens, the is no horizontal scrollbar at File Explorer, it does not seem that I am having a problem due to interaction with plugins, snippets, etc.

1 Like

This was implemented for both for desktop and mobile.
@Nils.Srvd I think you are gonna need to use some css snippets for you case.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.