[Bug] Extra space with plugin Advanced Mobile Toolbar in Insider-Mobile iPadOS16 Beta

Platform

[ X] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.xx

v15.3

@WhiteNoise, does anyone know the responsibility for the extra space issue when using the Advanced Mobile Toolbar with Insider-Mobile iPadOS16 Beta? I’ve posted in the Devs Git, but without response. Hoping you can narrow down the direction I should go. It’s a useful plugin that in my opinion is worthy of Sherlocking!!!

We don’t take bug reports involving plugins and we don’t support beta releases of Apple.

Well…ok…but in a month+ it won’t be a Beta. And because I am on the Beta I thought someone might want to know what I’m seeing…guessed wrong…

On the ipados 16 beta, with external keyboard, the editing screen gets cut in half and the menu bar usually at the bottom is at the 50% screen point, allowing a small space to enter new text. I know that its a beta and could very well be an apple thing but wanted the great obsidian folks to know.

Steps to reproduce

in ipados 16 beta, select editing view with external keyboard in use, makes a huge empty space that without the external keyboard would be filled by the ipad virtual keyboard. I’m using the ipad magic keyboard.

Expected result

that I have the vast majority of the screen to edit with the menu bar located at the bottom of the screen as I’m using the external keyboard to edit.

Actual result

half the screen is empty with the menu bar usually at the bottom at the 50% screen position

Environment

• Operating system:
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Operating system: ios 16.0 (Apple iPad)
    Obsidian version: 1.3.0 (63)
    API version: v0.15.6
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: supporter
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Cybertron
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: off
    Plugins installed: 41
    Plugins enabled: 23
    1: Periodic Notes
    2: Note Refactor
    3: Hotkeys++
    4: Better Word Count
    5: Calendar
    6: Readwise Official
    7: Mind Map
    8: Tracker
    9: Contextual Typography
    10: Recent Files
    11: Templater
    12: Natural Language Dates
    13: Kanban
    14: QuickAdd
    15: MetaEdit
    16: Advanced Tables
    17: Tasks
    18: Excalidraw
    19: Sliding Panes (Andy’s Mode)
    20: Custom window title
    21: Longform
    22: Dataview
    23: DougNiceReview

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

We don’t support beta version of iOS. Send the bug report to Apple.

is this still happening?

No! You can close. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.