[Bug] App crashing and Error: this path cannot be resolved

[ x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.1.0.

When I tried to open my vault the app kept crashing, It was impossible to open the app, I had to delete and install it again.

I tried creating a new vault and this seemed to work, but it will no longer allow me to create a vault in the path where the app has crashed before.
It displays this error: Error: this path cannot be resolved.

I didn’t know if it was a plugin/theme/etc issue that was making the app crash.
I eventually got it to work with my plugins and theme but I had to remove the attachments folder (size 220mb) I don’t know if it has to do with the size or with attachments.

Apart from not being able to load my complete vault, I can no longer create vaults in any paths where the app has previously crashed.

what exactly is this path?

It originally happened in the default obsidian folder /Internal shared storage/Documents/Vault name.

If you create a vault anywhere for example: /Internal shared storage/Downloads/Vault name, and the app crashes, I can no longer use that path.

which android version do you have?

Android 10

Ok I found the issue. Android 10 used to have a special “home” volume that they use to indicate the “Documents” folder, which has been since removed in Android 11. That’s why I see no mentions of it in the API since it was very short-lived.

I will make corrections to our code to take into account this special volume in the next release. Meanwhile, you can try to create a folder anywhere else in your external storage and it should work.

Thats great! Thank you! Currently I have a vault somewhere else in my external storage like you’ve mentioned.

If I’m understanding correctly these corrections will also stop the app from crashing when I try to load my vault?

Thank you for the quick response.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.