[Bug] [Android] Natural Language Dates plugin messes with keyboard

Platform

[ ] iOS
[x] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.16

Natural Language Dates plugin prevents Enter to work on keyboards - so new lines can’t be created. Used to work on v0.0.15.

This plugin can be installed both on v0.0.16 & v0.0.15.

Tested on OnePlus 6, Android 10, keyboards Gboard & Microsoft Swiftkey keyboard.

Way to reproduce:

• Install Natural Language Dates plugin
  • Try to edit a note and press Enter on a keyboard. No new line is created.

Way to fix:

• Uninstall Natural Language Dates plugin
  • Try to edit a note and press Enter on a keyboard. New line is created. Keyboard works fine.

Hi @laisan! I’m the developer of nldates. Thanks for testing it on mobile! This is indeed a known limitation, as I still haven’t updated the plugin to work with CM6 which is what the mobile version uses.

1 Like

Thank you for coming to this thread!

I have a bit similar problem with TextExpander Android app that I use to enter the current date and time - I can use a shortcut at the very beginning of the note, but not further. So I guess it might be connected with the editor itself.

This seems to no longer be a problem as of Obsidian version 0.1.0.

I was able to install Natural Language Dates and add its command to the mobile toolbar. It works - it inserts the current date and time and the editor works fine.

@argentum FYI

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.