Brackets in MacOS Catalina

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to use right alt + 8 or 9 to put brackets in MacOS 10.15 but it didnt work. It keeps changing opened tabs as if I was hitting CMD plus any number.

Things I have tried

I’ve searched for any help post with an error like mine but I didn’t find anything. I tried to delete the CMD + number shortcut. It didn’t work too.

In further tests, I noticed that this problem only happens in one vault. I have different vaults for different subjects so I’m guessing that there is a plugin messing with the shortcuts. The question is how can I find which one and correct that?

GitHub - chrisgrieser/obsidian-divide-and-conquer: An Obsidian plugin that provides commands for bulk enabling/disabling of plugins. Useful for debugging when you have many plugins. works well or you can bisect them yourself (turn half off, restart, etc.).

I think Pane-Relief sets optn + 1~9 to switch between tabs by default, but it could be anything.

Does Settings → Hotkeys show any conflicts?

1 Like

Yes. I found it. A plugin was messing with the shortcuts.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.