Blurry window and text

We have a sizable number of mac users and you are the only one tht has ever reported this problem. I am inclined to believe that this is your computer problem and you should find if/where macos determines the scaling of individual apps.
I am pretty convinced that MacOS has the ability to run individual apps at custom resolutions. See
https://www.madrau.com/

Perhaps something as simple as this might help:

I’ll keep the bug report open to see if we gather more data points.

1 Like

Or font smoothing might be on by default, and adding the entry would disable it. It really depends what the default is. Those two linked threads imply that font smoothing is the new default. (I have no idea though.)

(I don’t necessarily endorse changing those preferences unless you’re comfortable with the Terminal. The bug might be coming from somewhere else, and this might have unintended consequences.)

@WhiteNoise @rigmarole Thank you for your help. I found the root cause.

Using a Retina display - Apple Support helped. As it turns out, “Open in Low Resolution” was selected in Get Info panel.

This is the solution from the support page:

1. Quit the app.
  2. Open the Applications folder.
  3. Click the app once to select it, then choose Get Info from the File menu.
  4. From the Get Info window that opens, select the checkbox labeled ”Open in Low Resolution.”
  5. Close the Get Info window and open the app again.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.