Black and red dots appear in my text (edit mode) and black dots and boxes with the text OBJ in view mode

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with community plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. Alternatively, you can use the Sandbox vault (lower left corner ? → Open Sandbox vault).

If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help.

Mobile-specific bug reports should be filed here: https://forum.obsidian.md/c/mobile/18

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

I was just writing a note yesterday. It seems to be connected to "copy&paste" but can also happen when Im just writing.

Out of the sudden the caracters transform into red and black dots in edit mode and they do that in steps. First a few, then more and more. If I keep writing they seem to multiply even faster.

If I change the note to view mode the red dots transform in a little box with the text OBJ. the black dots stay in place.

I tried to start om my device and started a new note, but the problem persists.

Expected result

See above.

Actual result

The red and black dots invaded my text.

Environment

Android 13
  • Operating system:
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Operating system: android 13 (samsung SM-T976B)
    Obsidian version: 1.4.1 (83)
    API version: v1.0.3
    Login status: not logged in
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: light
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

1 Like

Try with predictive text off and/or a different keyboard.

Hopefully fixed soon.

1 Like

What ariehen said, but also please reread the first paragraph of your post for faster results in future.

The same problem is reported here: [Bug] 'Flashing' issue when attempting to edit note

I just disabled predictive text and was able to successfully edit a note (the first time since I’ve installed the mobile app!). But this isn’t a solution, just a temporary workaround; It’s not reasonable to turn it off when I want to use Obsidian, then remember to turn it back on for everything else.

I never said solution. I said hopefully fixed soon.

It is an annoying thing. I have reported it in march, but the issue still exists. I switched to Gboard, that keyboard doesn’t have the issue it seems :crossed_fingers: