Better Context Menu on Search so I can copy useful links

I would love a plugin that let me have a context menu that lets me copy something as a wikilnk instead of just the obsidian URI.

Similarly, when I’m right-clicking on a search result, let the context menu give me the options to copy a wikilink to a heading and/or a block.

This would save me so many steps >.>

2 Likes

Something like this? (it respects settings that’s why you see the markdown and not wiki-links)

1 Like

Yes!! That’s amazing!!

If you don’t mind - you can test the current version and make sure it works as you want. But you’ll need to manually install it. If you have questions - free to ask.

There is no functionality for specifying which match you want to copy. So it takes only the first match. I’m not sure how it can be useful for you.

1 Like

I was able to get it installed (took me a few days to sit down at my desk with any sort of brain function left, sorry) and it is AMAZING! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Glad it works :slight_smile:
It wasn’t tested properly.

One of the thing what I like in Obsidian what it can be easily extended by people like me. And I have “enjoy the process but never be satisfied” kind of personality. Which allows me tinkering my own kind of Obsidian when have time almost forever.

So it replaced video games for me (I don’t know is that good or bad, especially when you are trying to create another video game) when I want to relax.

To @everyone

If you have any small requests which can significantly improve your productivity but too specific for your workspace to create a request you can always ping me and I can see if I can quickly make a workable thing for you.

Ping me here or in a Discord chat and I’ll see what I can do. I don’t promise what I’ll do something but can take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like