Best way to extract content to new headings within comp file (leaving behind embed of heading)

Things I have tried

I have tried searching the forum, but could find no answers.

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to create a comp file of various headings created by extracting content from various notes. When doing this I would like to leave behind an embed to that newly created heading in the comp file. Essentially, I want to do the same as what Note Composer can already do for new notes. But, rather than extracting to a new note, I would like to extract to an existing note. Within this existing note, I would like a new heading to be added based on a title I type out, or possibly by using the first line (or heading of the selected content) like Note Refactor can accomplish.

It feels like something that would be somewhat easy to accomplish with a Templater script. While my description above suggests that I need control over these headings in the comp file, if there is no easy solution for that, I would be quite happy if this process was automated and the headings were simply created based on something like an incremented three digit number (heading 1 would be ### 001 and heading 2 would be ### 002).

I know this is a lot to ask, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I’m guessing you’ve checked out Text Transporter? GitHub - TfTHacker/obsidian42-text-transporter: Text Transporter - advanced text management for Obsidian. Part of the Obisidan42 family of Obsidian plugins.

Doesn’t really cover custom headings but it might get you part-way there.

1 Like

Thanks! I have used it a while back, but, in light of my new use case, it is definitely helpful to be reminded of it. Much appreciation!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.