Best flow to input handwritten symbols?

Hi all, I am looking to use Obsidian to take better notes for a formal class. This means that I will most likely be writing down statements and then rephrase them using mathematical symbols such as elements of the greek alphabet or arithmetic operators.

I could just type them in using the LaTeX functionality Obsidian offers, however, this slows me down in my note taking.

I have an iPad, I am wondering what is the easiest way to draw something on it and then quickly insert it into an Obsidian page. This way, I could seamlessly write my notes using two different input channels into a single note.

To be clear, I want to render both the text and the drawings side to side. So I’d be alternating between the keyboard and the Apple Pencil but keeping the same view. I have a Macbook too, so I don’t mind typing on the Macbook and ocassionally reaching for the iPad to insert a drawing. I tried using the Excalidraw plug-in, but it doesn’t seem to be ideal for using two input channels simultaneously.

You might find MathPix to be useful but not exactly on point.

This is a very interesting service but I am not necessarily looking for something to convert my hand drawings into LaTeX. I’m OK with inserting just raw drawings into my Obsidian notes!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.