Basic Obsidian Sync help required please

Things I have tried

• I have just purchased Obsidian Sync.
  • On my Mac, I have copied my original vault out of iCloud so it’s not part of any other auto sync.
  • I have opened this new copied version in Obsidian, and turned Obsidian synch on.
  • I have created a new remote vault with exactly the same name as my local vault
  • Files have now transferred fine
  • I have renamed the original iCloud vault to keep as a backup and to stop me getting confused!
  • I open Obsidian on my iPad… The only options I see now are “How to setup sync”, “Create new vault” and links to iCloud renamed vault (the backup one)

If I select How to setup sync it takes me to the help files.
How do I get to open Obsidian to be able to link it to my new remote vault?

Thanks

Sorted it - hurrah! For those who may be as stupid as me, all you need to do when on secondary devices is to create a new vault. I called it exactly the same name (just in case). Then I turned on sync. This asked me to sign in. Then I could see my available vaults to sync with. Selected the vault of the same name and away I went. I made sure NOT to select the option Sync with iCloud. All currently synching (hopfully) fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.