Backlinks not being created from dataviewjs

Things I have tried

I have a dataviewjs query that produces links to other notes in my vault. I have noticed that these generated links don’t cause backlinks to be created.
I have tried using both dv.fileLink and inserting the “[[ ]]” text into the text results in itself, but neither seems to work.

Do backlinks not work from dataviewjs queries, or is there something I need to do to enable them?

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there is no way to make backlinks work for Dataview. In many situations this is good, but I could see some uses if there were a setting to enable them.

I understand what you were trying, and agree that it might be cool if something like that could work. But as far as I know there is no workaround. In the end, it makes sense because everything is contained to the code block. That being said, if by chance there isn’t already a request on the Github page, it might be a good idea to make one. However this very well could be the kind of thing that the Dataview developer may have already made clear will not happen. It doesn’t hurt to check.

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.