Backlinks don't sort

I can currently sort my vault’s explorer, but not the backlinks. This is true for a couple of vaults, both using Discordian theme.

v0.10.13
Windows 10
Community plugins
Advanced tables
Discordian theme
Editor syntax hightlight
Natural language dates
Shortcuts extender

This behavior persists when Safe Mode is on OR off, AND regardless of theme used (or None used).

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Edit: I think I realize what’s happening - is Obsidian sorting by File, rather than by Link? In other words, is the file the unit of sorting?

I ask, because I have a pair of larger files, with many links between them. I’d like to be able to sort the links themselves, if possible. Realize this could be tricky!

Yes, the basic unit for sorting/ordering backlinks-pane is the file. (which contains backlinks/mentions)
Also, available sorting options make sense only in that case. File name, Modified time and Created time are available in file-system, associated with given file.

1 Like

Here are two posts that talk about sorting backlinks by heading: Option to sort backlinks by heading

and Sort header links by order in backlinks panel

Thanks.

Thanks for the links

1 Like

OK, thanks for helping me understand the background. I’m sort of new to the coding and programming world, and slowly getting my feet under me.

There hasn’t been any activity for 5 days, could you please see if you’d like to pick any of the existing answers as the solution, or do you still need help with something?

Would appreciate it if you could clarify on that, thanks!

If you’ve uncovered a bug, please post in #bug-reports. If you’re asking about a feature that’s not there yet, you can post in #feature-requests.

If this is about troubleshooting community plugins or themes, it might be a good idea to ask in #plugins and #css-themes on our Discord.

Sorry about that, checked the box!

1 Like