Automate Import of thousands of poems

What I’m trying to do

I am in the process of downloading thousands of poems from a dikt.org (old poems, no copyright) by copypasting, as I don’t know any other way. That is, until someone wrote me a script: I can just send him a txt file with all the urls, and get back a txt document for each url, ie each poem. (Copypasting the urls, though…) But then I will be stuck with thousands of documents which I have to copypaste into Obsidian anyway. So my question would be: is there a way to automate that workflow? Import all the txt documents, one by one, tag them appropriately and find them in an obsidian folder?

Things I have tried

Copypasting. Tried to teach myself python ten years ago, but can barely tweak settings on my phone – that’s my Silicon Valley-level.

If the text files have .md filename extensions you can just put them in your vault folder. If they don’t, you can use a renaming app to change them all at once (on Mac, the built-in Finder can do it; maybe Windows Explorer can do the same?).

If you want to add the same tags to multiple files, search the forum for existing discussions about that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.