Autocorrect Text

The macOS built-in autocorrect would suffice for me.

5 Likes

I’d love to see macOS built-in autocorrect! Despite the problems with Electron (it is a bug, isn’t?), it would be a very good start indeed!

2 Likes

+1 please add

3 Likes

The lack of autocorrect might be a deal breaker for me. I’m not able to achieve the flow that I need in order to fully utilize Obsidian. I

3 Likes

But not for us Windows users :slight_smile:

(This is my request to 1) enable an autocorrect that 2) has cross OS compatibility)

2 Likes

The Linter plugin has some of this functionality: GitHub - platers/obsidian-linter: An Obsidian plugin that formats and styles your notes with a focus on configurability and extensibility.

1 Like

really missing this as well – MacOS native autocorrect speeds up my typing quite a lot. That said, my understand is that Obsidian is built on Electron, and so support for autocorrect would probably have to come from there.

3 Likes

I support this idea.
One thing I’ve noticed is that the windows(I use windows 10) apps have the auto-correct function. Apps from store and system apps. Ex. If I miss a ^ it auto corrects it.
Someone knows if there is a possibility to just “allow” windows to affect obsdian?

1 Like

I’m also here to support this idea. I used Notepad++ for a global change, but I’d much rather have autocorrect be part of Obsidian, and/or the option to global find/replace.

2 Likes

See also: OS-level autocorrect in macOS

Hi there, is there a current workaround for an autocorrect system similar to the MacOS system level one available in Obsidian yet? Just downloaded a few days ago, did not realize this would even be something I would have to consider while choosing a note-taking app haha. Thanks!

2 Likes

See Eleanor’s suggested workaround above Autocorrect Text - #13 by EleanorKonik

Also see @Synchronicity’s assumption. I have the same experience in VS Code as well …

1 Like

Does anybody has an idea to efficiently file this upstream Electron bug at the Electron GitHub repo?

There are many both open and closed issues in the repo. But most of them rotate back to general spellcheck features (that seem to be implanted years ago) and don’t specifically address the autocorrect bug in MacOS. If there is a pointer to that bug, most of the time these repo issues seem to be closed or solved.

1 Like

Just want to chime in, I’d also love an autocorrect, although I will try
Autocorrect Text - #13 by EleanorKonik

In Obsidian 1.5.8, the installer has been updated to Electron v28.2.3 which is good news.

Though, as confirmed by others, native autocorrect in macOS doesn’t work either with this installer …