Andy Matuschak mode - V2.7 (updated for 0.7+ new panes)

This is normal behaviour. Obsidian opens links in the current pane by default — you have to shift+click to open in a new pane.

@death.au OK. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

But what I don’t understand is how the sliding effect works ? :thinking:
One of the big power of the Andy Matushak is the possibilty to slide the pane.

Open multiple panes with shift+click, then use horizontal scrolling to slide back and forth.

Thanks very much !

Thank you for the greate tip.Maybe silly question - where should past all this code to get panes working?

In the upcoming public release, you’ll be able to enable it natively as a plugin. If you don’t want to wait, you can paste it in a file titled obsidian.css in the root directory of your vault. If it doesn’t exist, create it!

1 Like

Thank you for your fast help!

1 Like

A bit late to the party on this one… This looks great and I would really like to try it out, but I cannot get the “scroll” like feature to work in the original post. My pages are just opening as normal side-by-side. I’ve tried on Linux and Windows machines.

I’ve copied the css, and notice a slight change in the UI (so it looks like it is taking the updated css code) - also I’ve not added any other custom css.

What am I missing here?

Is there an official API for this yet?

By API, do you mean plugin? If so, yes. Check the plugin marketplace available in the latest Insider build!

Yes i m ean plugin. Sorry that was a typo.

I mean I can image in the hotkey.
But I don’t see this as plugin.

Ah, it’s in a new third-party plugins section.

1 Like

The pop-up warning upon disabling safe-mode in third-party plugins makes me wonder whether installing this is safe or not.

See Security of the plugins.

Got it to work. Thanks!

I was going to try to avoid plugins to have a more secure Obsidian, but this particular plug-in seems particularly useful.

Does anyone know the security of this plug-in?

Thanks!

This thread is for the (old) custom css version, which you can copy-paste into your obsidian.css
It’s pretty secure, because it’s only presentation stuff.

The plugin itself is over on a different thread and also only touches presentation stuff. However it does so via the javascript API, so theoretically I could change it in future to access all your notes (possibly more if I knew what I was doing :laughing:). If you are so inclined you can audit the code yourself on github, or you can choose to trust me.

3 Likes

Hi Scott, Did you ever decide on using plug in’s or not? I would love to add this feature as a css snippet for the same reasons.

I’m using a few plug-ins.

Is it possible to have the title-container be in its original position (top) and only have them switch to the left-side when the pane is partially (like 70%) or completely outside of view?

If it is then please implement it if you can. Thank you!

(If not then just plain-old title-container on the top will also do since I’m on the css version).

1 Like