Android Tablets cannot drag/drop tabs

Steps to reproduce

Attempt to touch and drag a tab, whether to reorder or create a split, etc.

Did you troubleshoot?

Yes, I disabled all community plugins and snippets before restarting the app to test.

Expected result

Tab should drag just as it does on Desktop.

Actual result

Nothing happens.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: android 13 (samsung SM-X710)
Obsidian version: 1.4.16 (114)
API version: v1.4.16
Login status: not logged in
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 27
Restricted mode: off
Plugins installed: 13
Plugins enabled: 12
1: Advanced Tables v0.19.1
2: Copy Block Link v1.0.4
3: Smart Typography v1.0.18
4: Icon Folder v2.2.1
5: Reminder v1.1.15
6: Calendar v1.5.10
7: Dataview v0.5.59
8: Kanban v1.5.3
9: Quick Switcher++ v3.3.6
10: Blockquote Levels v1.1.0
11: Commander v0.5.0
12: Full Calendar v0.10.7

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

Additional Info

Another user I spoke with on the discord stated the drag behavior works on iOS…so perhaps an Android specfic bug?

1 Like

Not working on my Android based devices either: tablet, chromebook, phone(e.g. in stacked tabs).
Only working on my Windows and Linux Obsidian desktop apps.

2 Likes

It’s a limitation of the mobile app on all platforms, including iOS, and a very annoying one. (The user on the Discord may have misunderstood you.)

There’s a open feature request you can support here: Feature Request: Add ability to rearrange tabs in mobile app

cc @ichmoimeyo

2 Likes

I was the user on Discord, and I am able to reorder tabs and split groups by dragging on my iPad.

(I can’t on iPhone, which has a different interface, but we were talking about tablets.)

3 Likes

Interesting. So reordering tabs in the mobile app doesn’t work on iOS or Android, only on iPadOS.

I hope it comes to phones soon.

2 Likes

I have the same issue on my andwid tablet. I also am unable to drag tasks in the day planner app.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.