Allow native scroll bars

Use case or problem

Because obsidian styles scrollbars with CSS, it’s impossible to revert them back to native scrollbars. This would be desirable not only for aesthetics, but also because on MacOS the native scrollbars leave more room for content.

Proposed solution

Obsidian could scope the scrollbar styles under a CSS class that is applied to the body element, and create a setting that toggles this class on or off.

Current workaround (optional)

3 Likes

I would like to add that this is even more of an issue for Obsidian Publish as it conflicts with web accessibility standards.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure how to load this since its not available in the Community Plugins. I unzipped and placed folder in the plugins folder inside .obsidian, but I can not active the plugin. Am I missing something?

The plugin above hasn’t been updated since Dec '21 and the Github repo is archived. Looks like it’s not needed anymore.

What OS and what theme are you using? From Obsidian 0.15.0, native scrollbars are used for macOS, but I didn’t see a mention for Windows.

• The native scrollbar styling for macOS is now used throughout the app. This can still be overridden by themes.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.