Allow link for pages inside pdf files

Use case or problem

When we have a pdf file added in a note and we want to write about a question, topic or anything else from the file in the notes, there is no way to link from the notes text directly to the content in the pdf file. I would be nice if we can create a link in the note which jumps directly to a page or section in a pdf file from the vault.

Proposed solution

My suggestion is a feature similar to that one which allow users create link to note sections. Therefore the user could add a page number or something else in the link definition which allows jumping directly to a text in the PDF file.

I would not like to see multiple links to the same file. What I want to is link to a pdf file already added in some other note. I do not want multiple links to the same pdf in multiple places. However, I can see value in both approaches for different scenarios.

Current workaround (optional)

None

Check out GitHub - elias-sundqvist/obsidian-annotator: A plugin for reading and annotating PDFs and EPUBs in obsidian.

Yeah, annotator plugin has a similar feature. But I see some issues:

• I need to highlight text to be able to create a link.
  • The text generated in the note to allow me to create a simple link is very ugly
  • I need a note just to open the file in the annotator. I would like to be able to create a link to any pdf embedded in some other note.