Alfred Workflow for Obsidian with over a dozen features 🎩

After a brief beta phase, I am now officially releasing the public version for my Alfred Workflow for Obsidian with over a dozen features.

:arrow_right: Download the latest release at GitHub
:arrow_right: Documentation of all the Features and Settings

Full Feature List

• Search your Vault (Open note, append clipboard, open in new pane, copy hook, …)
  • Fully browse your vault folder structure via Alfred
  • Open Starred Files/Searches
  • Open Recent Files
  • OCR Screenshots (see image below)
  • Search the Obsidian Documentation
  • Search Community Plugins and directly open them in Obsidian or GitHub
  • Search & Preview Community Themes
  • Create Backups of your Vault
  • Enter Dual Mode (Edit + Preview)
  • Create a new note
  • Open various folders in .obsidian
  • Open the Obsidian settings
  • Toggle a CSS Snippet
  • One-Click-Convert a font file to base64-CSS
  • Open your current theme CSS file
  • Access your themes and snippets via Alfred
  • Quickly create a new CSS snippet from clipboard content
  • Display a list of Obsidian’s default variables

12 Likes

This is a really neat set of tools. The OCR thing in itself make everything worth it. Now you and @hause need to get together and streamline all your Alfred functionalities in ONE workflow :slight_smile: - Actually, I’d be glad to help even though my script-fu is weak.

2 Likes

Yeh, cool stuff indeed! If you (or anyone) wants to try to integrate our workflows, I’d be happy to help, so reach out here or on my github repo. For now, I’d like to keep my workflow simple and lightweight.

2 Likes

Actually for now I’m running both and I realised there is very little overlap, so everything works pretty well. Just a couple tweaks of the keywords. If I need to scratch the itch further, I’ll look into it.

Right, I think I found the workflow from @hause at some point. But since I neither use Obsidian for fleeting notes nor daily notes, I decided to create my own workflow at some point.

And indeed, there is little overlap, so there is little reason to not run them both if you want?

I’ll link your workflow on my repo though, as people who found my workflow will potentially also be interested in yours. (I’d be using your workflow, too, if I was was using daily notes and stuff :slight_smile: )

1 Like

This is awesome, thanks for doing this!

What would be cool would be to be able to run fx a QuickAdd command straight from alfred, is this technically possible?

Thank you again!

1 Like

yep, thats possible by building a small Alfred Workflow:

1. Add the QuickAdd command you want to use to the command palette (the thunder symbol in the QuickAdd settings)
  2. Using the Advanced URI Plugin, run the command Advanced Obsidian URI: Copy URI for command from the Command palette. Select “don’t specify a file” and then select the QuickAdd Command you have added in step 1.
  3. You now have the URI in your clipboard that will open up Obsidian and run your desired QuickAdd command. You can create an Alfred keyword of your choice and have that keyword simply trigger the “Open URL Action” from Alfred. There, you paste the URI from your clipboard.
  4. Since my Alfred workflow auto-updates, I believe it will remove your self-defined QuickAdd-Alfred-keyword. To avoid this, simply create a separate Alfred workflow for the keyword-trigger and Open-URL-Action.

Hope these instruction work for you? Unfortunately, I don’t know any more user-friendly method of implementing that in my workflow itself, otherwise I’d do it.

1 Like

@pseudometa U da man, now that is nifty!

On step 3, I added the URL to the Alfred > Features > Websearch list. Is this the ideal place to add it?

oh, you are right – just adding the URL the web searches is a simpler solution that also works just as well :slight_smile:

1 Like