Alfred - Obsidian Utilities

Hm. Let’s just make sure that snippet auto-expansion is turned on before we go into full-on debugging mode.

In Alfred Settings → Features → Snippets, you should have this:

Thanks for helping me resolve my issue! Link to git issue:
https://github.com/macedotavares/obsidian-utilities/issues/11#issue-792204403

Yes, autoexpansion is checked, and Alfread has accessibility permissions. I hope I’m not an edge case, but some debugging would be great.

Sure.

1. Activate debugging mode
  2. Type /related in Obsidian and wait 30 seconds.
  3. Go back to Alfred, copy those logs and send them to me.

Thanks!

So, thanks to @AutonomyGaps, I’m now aware that you need to configure the snippet module with your own keyword and prefix. Alfred won’t import those to avoid conflicts.

Looks like Related Notes is still failing due to a missing python module. Packaging it is non-trivial, so this may take a while. I’ll release a new version when it’s fixed. Sorry.

That’s so cool. It’s a shame that it’s a Mac only app. I did the file append function with AutoHotKey and I know it is really handy, I even set a drop box to choose to which note I want this text appended . I hope someone do same cool stuff like this for AutoHotKey - Obsidian as I am not a programmer.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having some of the same trouble as people earlier in the thread with the “append” function for the daily note. Yet when debugging it looks like my path is correct. Here’s the error:

Unable to write file '/Users/derekvan/Dropbox/RoamVault/daily/2021-03-10.md' as parent folder does not exist

But, that is the correct path for my vault.

Thanks for any help!

Hi, @derekvan!

That’s a bummer. It should be fixed by now.
Are you using the latest version (2.3.1)?

I thought that I was, but I just downloaded from your link there and reinstalled and it’s working fine now. Thanks and sorry for the out of date bug report!

1 Like

No worries. Let me know if something else seems broken. Cheers!

I’m really loving the tools provided here. Thanks!

One question: I’ve been using the block reference helper a bunch to approximate the alt-drag from roam. Do you think it would be possible to alter the code so that if the selected block already has an ID, the helper just copies it instead of creating a new one? It’s easy enough for me to manually copy the ID, but the helper also does the great work of putting the whole link code on the pasteboard.

1 Like

Great idea. I think this can be done rather easily. I’ll get back to you when it’s released.

UPDATE: well, I think it’s ready: v2.3.2

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

for some reason this plug in never worked for me either , but the new link works perfect :pray:

Good to know that it’s working, now. But please, feel free to ask for assistance if you run into any problem.

with the clip action (in safari) nothing is happening, do I need to do something first to activate

Please activate the debugging mode, try running the clip action again, and DM me the logs.

Wow, you’re the best. This works great. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Haha! Anytime. Cheers.

Hi @frankmeeuwsen,

I landed on that post because i have the same kind of “xcrun” error pop up message when i launch Obsidian :

xcrun error message obsidian

I did type your terminal command proposed above and reloaded Obsidian but the error message is still there.

As you can see, I cannot see the rest of the path mentioned in the pop-up (after …/usr/).

Would you have any other clues to solve this please ?

Have a good one !