Alarm function

I’m not sure if this idea should go for a feature request or a plug-in idea.

My idea is an alarm function for unchecked checkboxes or a specific heading title or a specific note, etc.

If I set the specific date/time for them, the alarm(sound? pop-up?) starts.

16 Likes

+1 for this!

+1 for me

A valuable tool! I was thinking about it when I started using Obsidian.

An incorporation of flexible “hierarcy setting” based on, say, the importance of a task.

Also, it would be nice to actually be able to customize the way that those alarms “go off”. Let’s say, having a “Caution” icon appear, or an noise (for people that actually find this helpful, for some find it annoying).

2 Likes

I am also very interested in a feature like this!

• 1 please.

This is my feature suggestion for an Alarm/StopwatchClock plug-in

(Note: I would be happy with basic functionality, but assembled a list of nice-to-haves)

• Integrate with calendar plug-in
  • Configurable Labels (for time zones, ‘Dave in Canada’, etc)
  • Display in a document or on status bar (bonus points for optional analog display)
  • Allows themes for Display
  • Multiple occurrences allowed
  • Count-up feature
  • Countdown Feature
  • Lap Counter
  • Countdown pause function

ALARM:

• Choice of native alarms, but customizable with external sound files or streaming services (ringtones?)
  • Optional Sounds during timer (Fast and Slow tick sounds, white or brown noise) or customizable external links
  • Adjustable volume (bonus points for optional sound gradient - i.e. alarm starts softly and gets louder)
  • Customizable alarm schedules - schedule certain sounds for certain calls; repeat or single calls

Great idea! I also need this alarm feature. My use case is in “today’s daily note” under the folder I choose to put these notes in. I use it as a daily time tracker, making notes of what I did and what I am planning to do, the date is in the title auto-formatted, and the alarm time is in the list, for each listed time and task, optionally to set an alarm for it.