Advice on Integrating Images

Things I have tried

watching youtube videos
and looking through Obsidian threads

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to set up my first vault; I primarily take notes by hand (using a fountain pen) and then scan the page. Is there any extension or way to integrate the image into the note so that the PDF or JPG isn’t also laying around the vault adding clutter? Even hiding the assets in some resource or assets folder would be wonderful.

I saw a video where an option was to use links to Imgur… but I am concerned that Imgur or some other company could be bought out or reformat things and I lose everything…

This is not a scientific vault, but mostly poets/quotes/songs, but I am excited for the ability to link and find connections…

I realize this may be a very basic question; but I’m a bit of a luddite so I appreciate any help you can provide :slight_smile:

I don’t know if you meant a folder outside the vault, but you can choose a specific vault folder where all your attachments will go.

Settings → Files & Links → Default location for new attachments

I have a folder called MyVaultName/attachments/ so whenever I drag in a new image, or paste in a new image, it automatically ends up in that folder. No clutter.

Thank you friend. That’s simple and perfect.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.