[Discontinued] Advanced Slides - Create markdown-based reveal.js presentations in Obsidian

Currently I only provide a default configuration of menu plugin that automatically generates TOC based on title (h1-h6). Since the configuration is pretty complex it will be hard to implement it in advanced slides. What are your usecases for menu plugin you want to see implemented in advanced slides?

Yeah thats a bug, i will fix it in the next release

I loved to option to have custom menu entries, i.e. to point it to a website etc…
If its not possible, due to the complexity to implement here, its fine. I guess i could always just finetune the html in the end if i really miss it that much =)

But just out of curiosity, how do i enable the menu-plugin at all. So far my slides only render without it, i see its getting included in the html, but i dont see it in my rendered slides. Guess i am missing something obvious here.

You have to activate Menu plugin in Advanced Slides settings. Menu Items get populated automatically by the first headline on the slide

Had a look on it. The bug occurs in reveal codebase and is not as easy to fix as i thought. Without a change in reveal this couldn’t be fixed. I would suggest that you define the fragments by yourself (like in this example)

good :+1:

Not important, but I just want to let you know that there is a typo-error in the title of your Github site.

You missed ‘n’ in “Advaced Slides Documentation”.

Thanks, it was the one place i didnt checked =)
Working like a charm now! Thanks again for this fantastic update.

ok, got it, 3x~

Thank you for this awesome plugin, sehr cool !

1 Like

I tried out this plug-in and am experiencing the same issue, namely the preview pane doesn’t work. I’ve tried installing it manually and via the community plugin. No luck.
I’m running this in Windows 11.

1 Like

Yep, sounds exactly like my experience. I’m running this on Windows. Is it an OS issue?

I just wanted to say thank you for this great plugin. I used this at work to give an important presentation and it was a big success. This is the first time I used any presentation software other than powerpoint and I have to say I love how freeing it is not not worry about formatting and aligning the elements on a slide. It also helps me keep my slides simple which helped keep the conversation engaging and prevented people from tuning out due to overcomplicated slides. I’m going to try to use this for everything I present going forward. Thanks for opening my eyes to this.

One feature request: Would it be possible for the presenter view (the screen that comes up when you press s when sending to the browser) to pass through the mouse/laser pointer signal to the main screen. I love presenting from that view, but I had to use my pointer on the main browser window.

+1 fantastic plugin

2 Likes

Hey there, maybe someone can provide with a quick help.
Probably i am missing something simple. But for me no content is rendered at all when trying the presentation.
All other plugins and themes are disabled.

Thanks in advance for any tips

Rename md file, so it will not contain any white spaces and special chars. I had the same problem on macOS and that solved the issue.

1 Like

Thanks maQ for the tip.
Unfortunately for me this didnt solve it.
I am on Win 10, so must be a different glitch. The build in Presentation mode is picking up the content, but it is not handling long lists well :confused:

I’ve also been unable to get this plugin working.

I’m having the same issues as @a_wue.

• Empty slide preview in Obsidian
  • Empty window in browser
VM342:72636 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: markdown.replaceAll is not a function
    at AutoClosingProcessor.transformBlock (eval at <anonymous> (app.js:1), <anonymous>:72636:25)
    at AutoClosingProcessor.process (eval at <anonymous> (app.js:1), <anonymous>:72633:17)
    at ObsidianMarkdownPreprocessor.process (eval at <anonymous> (app.js:1), <anonymous>:72677:65)
    at RevealRenderer.render (eval at <anonymous> (app.js:1), <anonymous>:72764:46)
    at RevealRenderer.renderFile (eval at <anonymous> (app.js:1), <anonymous>:72749:33)
    at async eval (eval at <anonymous> (app.js:1), <anonymous>:72865:22)

which points to

// src/processors/autoClosingProcessor.ts
var AutoClosingProcessor = class {
  constructor() {
    this.regex = /<(\s*?([\w]*)[^>]*?)\/(?<=\/)>/gm;
  }
  process(markdown) {
    return this.transformBlock(markdown);
  }
  transformBlock(markdown) {
    markdown = markdown.replaceAll(this.regex, `<$1></$2>`);
    return markdown;
  }
};

I am on windows 10.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

This appears to have been due to an old installer. (Though the app said it was up to date). Installing with the latest installer fixed the issue.

Wow - that solved my problem! Seems I always had multiple words in the file name. With a one word filename I can see the presentation. Everything works. Thank you!

Hey all, I’m trying to include a local image outside of my vault in a slide and I can’t seem to get it to render when I’m using grid or split elements. When I use the standard obsidian syntax for embedding an external local image it renders fine:

![](file:///path/to/my/image.svg)

However, in the grid or split setting (split shown here), it doesn’t seem to render:

<split wrap="4">

![](file:///path/to/my/image.svg)

![](https://picsum.photos/id/1011/250/250) 

![](https://picsum.photos/id/1012/250/250) 

![](https://picsum.photos/id/1013/250/250) 

</split>

The online images render alright, but the local one does not. Does anybody know how I could fix this?

Thank you!