[Discontinued] Advanced Slides - Create markdown-based reveal.js presentations in Obsidian

Nice find, will be fixed in the next release

1 Like

Today, Advanced Slides was accepted as community plugin. Hooray :partying_face:

12 Likes

No problem with iframes, but I just wasn’t aware I could put html audio / video tags right into Obsidian for local files. Thanks !

Thanks alot for this wonderful plugin. Did some testing around (while trying your demo-code) and researched a bit about how to set those up on github pages.
Nothing fancy for now, as i was just building the workflow - but here is the working main-hub for my presentations: https://abhuva.github.io/
So easy to share with QR-Codes and watch on phones now, this will defintly improve the quality of my lectures/presentations by a ton.
Wonderful christmas present !!!

Thanks for sharing your presentations! The demo template looks so good and really ups the game with this plugin. Would you be open to sharing it at some point?

Its not mine, i just learned from it. You can see the full source here:

1 Like

Today I released version 1.5.0. With this version, Advanced Slides also supports reveal.js plugins.

:high_brightness: Highlights

:rocket: Features

• feature: added Chalkboard to slides
  • feature: added menu plugin
  • feature: added default theme property to settings (#25)
  • feature: added transition style setting (#25)
  • feature: added highlight theme configuration to settings
  • feature: added configutation of controls plugin to settings
  • feature: added progress bar configuration to settings
  • feature: added configuration of transiton speed to settings
  • feature: added icons (based on font awesome 5)
  • feature: added autoClosing html tags

:bug: Fixes

• bugfix: controls color should not be overwritten by autofont color
  • bugfix: slides where not rendered properly when the were in a subfolder of vault (#33)
  • fix: icon comments where ignored
  • bugfix: codeblocked image where not rendered properly

:books: Documentation

• docs: added documentation for overview plugin
  • docs: added documentation for chalkboard plugin
  • docs: added documentation for menu plugin
  • docs: added documentation on Icons

:round_pushpin: Other

• build: detect scss & template changes in watch mode
11 Likes

Many thanks for your GREAT works! It really saves a lot of effort in writing slides. @MSzturc

Meanwhile, I often need to show or share slides where no obsidian installed, so will you please support HTML export feature (like marp for vscode) so that the slide can be shown without obsidian enviroment?
I think it would be very useful for slide authors and audiences.

Thanks again.

This is already possible. When in live preview. Klick on the more Menu (3 dots) and then Export as html

2 Likes

Regarding the new plugin functionality (wich is awsome) - how do i enable them? I searched the docs, but i didnt find a breakdown how to configure them.
Especially regarding the menu-plugin, as this normally have all the options to include custom entries etc - wich are done in the html.

Or did i misunderstood it, and i still have to finetune it in the html?
Thanks for any pointers, as i was eagerly awaiting this change.

Wonderful :+1:

I find a problem with unordered list, which is as follows,

I write these codes in obsidian,

---
##### **test 02 - Fragmented Unordered list**
- Permanent
+ First
    test1
    ![](upload://ux8PTvS1L19rEp1ZFrkH2rN737H.jpeg)
+ Second
---

and then i get output like this from the plugin, it seems text ‘test1’ doesn’t take new line under ‘First’, also the picture doesn’t align correctly. Please confirm, thank you @MSzturc

The expected result should be like this, FYI.

test 02 - Fragmented Unordered list
  • Permanent
  • First
    test1
  • Second

@MSzturc
Where in the docs do i find how to enable the plugins (like menu), and how to configure them.
Especially regarding the menu-plugin. I know from just using reveal.js, you finetune it in the html file what exactly to show and use custom links and menu-entries.
Is this possible already in your plugin?

Currently I only provide a default configuration of menu plugin that automatically generates TOC based on title (h1-h6). Since the configuration is pretty complex it will be hard to implement it in advanced slides. What are your usecases for menu plugin you want to see implemented in advanced slides?

Yeah thats a bug, i will fix it in the next release

I loved to option to have custom menu entries, i.e. to point it to a website etc…
If its not possible, due to the complexity to implement here, its fine. I guess i could always just finetune the html in the end if i really miss it that much =)

But just out of curiosity, how do i enable the menu-plugin at all. So far my slides only render without it, i see its getting included in the html, but i dont see it in my rendered slides. Guess i am missing something obvious here.

You have to activate Menu plugin in Advanced Slides settings. Menu Items get populated automatically by the first headline on the slide

Had a look on it. The bug occurs in reveal codebase and is not as easy to fix as i thought. Without a change in reveal this couldn’t be fixed. I would suggest that you define the fragments by yourself (like in this example)

good :+1:

Not important, but I just want to let you know that there is a typo-error in the title of your Github site.

You missed ‘n’ in “Advaced Slides Documentation”.