Additional feature in Graphs View to visualize different levels of emergence from LYT or similar frameworks

Better visualization of PKM and each stage of our notes

WIth the help of this feature it will be easier to visualize all the stages of LYT or similar frameworks. This visualization will I believe give the users better understanding and a birds-eye view of the system, and will also help in colliding the notes and generating new ideas form the different hierarchy of levels.

Proposed solution

One way would be to allow filter to view levels of child nodes. For example if one note has 3 children which has 4 children each and which again has 3 children then, having the ability to view only the first two levels, or 3 or user specified levels would be very helpful in solving the problem.

Current workaround (optional)

Tagging the page with certain level such as #level1 and only displaying those with that tag.

Sorry for the vagueness. I am aware of the local graph, and I checked the request you sent as well, but what I am proposing is slightly different to the one in request.

For example, if we have different stages how we combine notes, from the primordial soup (LYT) which is basically all the unorganized atomic notes, to the next step which would be combining a few or upgrading a few notes, then another stage which would then combine these level 3 notes, then finally maybe a MOC which combines it all. So in the graph view, even in locals, if a page has links to other pages (which are currently shown) I am suggesting for a feature or an option to customize the depth of children shown in the graph. For example if I want to review stage 3 notes, I would like to see all current stage three notes with their childrens which are stage 1 and 2 notes in the graph view.

UPDATE

Actually, I apologize, it seems depth is available in local graph, but not it the main graph view. It would be awesome if we can get that Depth feature from Local Graph to main Graph also when we filter stuff.

It is unclear whether you are aware of the Local Graph View. If not, you will be pleasantly surprised. If you are, this request may fit what you are looking for: Add a Depth Slider to Filtered Graph View

Thanks.

Sorry for the vagueness. I am aware of the local graph, and I checked the request you sent as well, but what I am proposing is slightly different to the one in request.

For example, if we have different stages how we combine notes, from the primordial soup (LYT) which is basically all the unorganized atomic notes, to the next step which would be combining a few or upgrading a few notes, then another stage which would then combine these level 3 notes, then finally maybe a MOC which combines it all. So in the graph view, even in locals, if a page has links to other pages (which are currently shown) I am suggesting for a feature or an option to customize the depth of children shown in the graph. For example if I want to review stage 3 notes, I would like to see all current stage three notes with their childrens which are stage 1 and 2 notes in the graph view.

Please let me know if it is still unclear.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like

Actually, I apologize, it seems depth is available in local graph, but not it the main graph view. It would be awesome if we can get that Depth feature from Local Graph to main Graph also when we filter stuff.

1 Like

No need to apologize. I think we are on the same page. Your description of the way you would like to use the feature triggered a realization that was very helpful for me. So, thank you!

I also made this request which is potentially something that may be of interest: Hybrid Graph View - Local Mode

Thanks again.