Adding your google calendar agenda to your daily journal

Hi @muness, I am on Windows 10 and tried to run your plugin today. Steps taken:

1. download the source code file for 0.9.10 from your releases page
  2. extracted the source code into the obsidian/plugins folder in my vault - the directory becomes plugins/obsidian-ics
  3. Restart Obsidian and open the community plugin panel
  4. When I attempt to start your plugin, it immediately turns back off with the message “failed to load”

I believe this mirrors @fierce_ninja’s experience. I do not have gcalcli installed on my machine. Are there additional dependencies (outside the plugin files) that the code needs?

Other plugins I have installed:

• Advanced tables
  • Calendar
  • Citations
  • Dataview
  • Readwise
  • Tasks
  • Templater

Let me know if this helps

For those who are getting “Plugin Failed to Load”, make sure you are downloading the right file. Head over to the releases page:

And download obsidian-ics-LATESTVERSION.zip where LATESTVERSION is the latest version. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey There, I have tried to do that but still the plugin fails to load.
I use windows 10
have downloaded the latest version
unpacked the folder as specified in the README file
placed it in obsidian/plugins and restarted as needed.

My other plugins:

• advanced tables
  • calendar
  • excalidraw
  • periodic notes
  • reminder
  • rtl support
  • sliding panes
  • smart random note
  • workspaces plus

I really hope this could be solved, it would be a real game changer!
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi there!

This plug is great! Thank you!

is there a way to change 24 hour time to hh:mm a
time?

Thank you!

Is there a reason why the first line doesn’t work anymore when I created it as a template?

<% tp.file.cursor(1) %> <%* app.commands.executeCommandById(“ics-plugin:import_events”) %>

Change the command id to “obsidian-ics:import_events”:

<% tp.file.cursor(1) %> <%* app.commands.executeCommandById("obsidian-ics:import_events") %>

FYI, as I am getting ready to submit as a community plugin, I fixed multiple recurring event bugs:

• some were missed, when there are multiple changes to the recurrence rules over time
  • timezone weren’t applied correctly to recurring events

I also changed the ID to match the convention of other plugins (was obsidian-ics and is now just ics). A few days ago I got a patch to allow it to work on mobile. I’ve tested it on my iPhone and the submitter tested it on Android.

Release 1.0.0 is up at Release 1.0.0 · muness/obsidian-ics · GitHub and hopefully it’ll be available as a community plugin soon.

1 Like

FYI: The plugin is going strong with lots of users (1600+ as of this morning) and a slew of enhancements and fixes since I announced it. I also documented Templater and Dataview usage. muness/obsidian-ics: Generate Daily Planner from one or more ical feeds

Is there any way to set this up without requiring my work calendar to be public? Due to administrative settings, my work calendar cannot be shared publicly.