Adding template into a non-active page

What I’m trying to do

Background:
I have topic pages and diary pages. I would like to add a section in a topic page then run a template (or something else, I’m open to ideas…) and have the section from the topic page be mirrored at the bottom of today’s diary page.

Things I have tried

At present I:

• Add a section to my diary page with the link to the topic page
  • Navigate to my topic page
  • Add a template that mirrors the content of the relevant section on my diary page
  • Return to my diary page and add content.

The template I use:

> ## [<% tp.date.now("yyyy-MM-DD-ddd") %>](0%20Misc/00%20Misc/00.00%20Daily%20notes/<% tp.date.now("yyyy-MM-DD-ddd") %>.md#📝%20Notes)
> ```quoth
> path: [[0 Misc/00 Misc/00.00 Daily notes/<% tp.date.now("yyyy-MM-DD-ddd") %>#[<%*  let j_map = tp.user.getJohnnyDecimal(tp, tp.file.folder());
> 	tR += `${j_map.get('title')}` + " [" + `${j_map.get('jd')}` + "]"; %>](<%* tR += tp.user.getRelativeURI(tp); %>.md)]]
> display: inline
> ranges: after "md)"
> ```

This is backwards to how I want things to work. I want to add content to my topic page and have it mirrored on my diary page, but the reason I haven’t set it up like this is I can get the title of the current active page on the topic page, but I can’t automagically get the name of the topic page, if I am currently on my diary page.

What I would like is to be able to run a template from the topic page and have that template add a section to the bottom of today’s diary page rather than to the currently active topic page.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.