Adding > in front of every selected line

What I’m trying to do

I’ve made templates for calloutboxes for NPCs and such, using Insert Template to add them whenever. Only problem is trying to add a callout box nested under another callout box.
The calloutbox is placed below and weirdly merges with the previous box. Is there a way to add > in front of every selected line without having to do it manually?

[!shop]
What I want

[!character]
Shopkeeper

[!shop]
What I end up with
[!character]
Shopkeeper

Things I have tried

Selecting and typing > replaces all selected text.
Alt+click in front of every line works, but is frustrating.
Another closed post recommends using Visual Studio Code for this - that would be even slower than doing it manually.

Select the lines and trigger the command Toggle blockquote? Just be sure to include at least one line not already being quoted, as that could remove the quote from the other lines (although it’s just to trigger the command again to re-add the quote).

Doesn’t seem to work.

>
>
Just turns into:
>
>
>
Not:
>
>>
>>

Hmm… Boring…

I see three ways forward:

• Make your editing more efficent. Like move to the start of the line, and use one hand to insert the quote character, and the other to tap down+left
  • Make a template where you after selecting the entire text to be quoted, trigger the template, and it inserts the quote character in front of every selected line
  • Search the community plugins for handling stuff like this, and see whether a plugin like the Blockquote Levels suits your needs
1 Like

Blockquote levels is exactly what I needed! I gotta stop forgetting that there’s a plugin for everything. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.