Add option to automatically transclude the results of embedded query

Hard to understand why with so much positive feedback and well written examples this has not moved up the priority list.

In any case, my current manual work around is the following:

1. Manually run a search, e.g. “#tag1
  2. Adjust order, e.g. "File name (A to Z)
  3. Click “Copy search results” button
  4. Choose link style “Wikilink” and list prefix “none”
  5. Copy results
  6. Paste in new note and add “!” to every line
  7. Repeat 1-6 whenever I want to update it

When the list starts to become long I simply delete the duplicate lines. then I only have to add “!” to the new lines.

I feel like all the core components are already there and a simple plugin could do those steps automatically whenever a note with such a setup is opened.

Maybe this manual approach is helpful for people where regex is not applicable.

2 Likes

I am so glad I came across this thread! Could someone validate if this the right way to go about grabbing everything until the next heading?

(/(?<=^### Gratitude)[^]+(?=^#)/)

Thank you for sharing this great tip.

I’d like to know how to remove ‘### Gratitude’ from the results.
I think that it is unnecessary because I know it from the Heading "My Gratidue List. from your screenshot.

I didn’t make it overtly clear in my OP, but such a feature can be used to develop self-managing Maps of Content through a combination of specific embedded queries in the MoC and structure in the notes destined for a MoC, be that tags, keywords, key values, whatever. For now I rely on external scripts that inspect the notes, formulate a md file, and place it in the vault as a MoC. Luckily Obsidian notices this change and is aware, even if I’m currently viewing the MoC (it will update).

This FR encompasses several different pieces, but I’d like to add my support especially for copying (and possibly generating) a wikilink to the block that is displayed in search results. I often use the search pane to find two or three other pieces in my vault that I want to link to, which works, except then I have to click on the search result before I can copy the block ID, which is not ideal.

Best for displaying my journal of daily notes without opening note by note