Add ability to filter which files contribute to tags

Use case or problem

I’d like to ignore text formatted as a tag (i.e., #tag) that I’ve imported (e.g., from Readwise) or that I use as a template.

Proposed solution

Provide an ability similar to filtering in search and in the graph view to limit which files and directories will be (or are excluded) from tag considering as a source of tags.

Current workaround (optional)

For templates, I escape the tags (e.g., \#tag) but then have to remember to remove the escape character.

For imports: a one-time import I will search and replace and do the same as with templates; for repeated imports, like with Readwise, this doesn’t work when the file is imported again.

Related feature requests (optional)

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with readwise imports. I don’t want tags inside tweets for instance creating new obsidian tags inside my vault.

1 Like

I’d also love to know if this is possible - there are so many random tags that I did not assign (therefore, they don’t “make sense” within my own tagging schema), that got imported bc they were hashtags in a tweet I saved via Readwise or something… would be great to find a fix for this.